A recent feature in J. Crew’s online catalogue portrays designer Jenna Lyons painting her son Beckett’s toe nails hot pink. The quote accompanying the image reads, “Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon.” Yeah, well, it may be fun and games now, Jenna, but at least put some money aside for psychotherapy for the kid—and maybe a little for others who’ll be affected by your “innocent” pleasure.
This is a dramatic example of the way that our culture is being encouraged to abandon all trappings of gender identity—homogenizing males and females when the outcome of such “psychological sterilization” [my word choice] is not known.”
Dr. Keith Albow for Fox News, simultaneously embracing the heteronormative binary, hating on J Crew, discriminating against non-cisgendered people, and addressing non-heteronormative gender identities as “non-fiction.” Enjoy!
So uh, this guy’s a douchebag. Also, I put a trigger on it because the things this dude says are seriously hating on trans and non-binary folks. I figure better safe than sorry.
- raelynbelle reblogged this from iamayoungfeminist
- brosophila reblogged this from cypress-tree and added:
- smashleycrazy reblogged this from onlylivinglesbianinoc and added:
- doctorr reblogged this from bitcaw and added:
- 44xsunsets reblogged this from butchrag
- butchrag reblogged this from blvckovt and added:
- vertivangogh reblogged this from classycassie and added:
- classycassie reblogged this from traduire and added:
- juuzou-kun reblogged this from ssia and added:
- dualpaperbags reblogged this from traduire and added:
- multidimensionalmockingjay reblogged this from ssia
- skittles-and-dubra reblogged this from stfufauxminists and added:
- inspectorpervert reblogged this from iamayoungfeminist and added:
- iamayoungfeminist reblogged this from youdontlooklikeafeminist and added:
- sheismycopilot reblogged this from stfufauxminists and added:
- theveryuncertaingirl said: Fox can suck it. J Crew is like, the best thing, ever.
- themythsaredead reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- tanngnjostrs reblogged this from youdontlooklikeafeminist
- scooterpiebanana reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- blvckovt reblogged this from luizachelaru
- onlylivinglesbianinoc reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- norman-desmont reblogged this from awildwest and added:
- ladiesmakingcomics said: LOL oh Fox, can’t even be bothered to look up the history of “pink=girls, blue=boys”. Because it used to be the reverse, until like, the 1940s.